AFS Limited Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of Australian Forestry Standard Ltd was held on Thursday 25 October 2012 in Melbourne. AFS Ltdthanked retiring Directors Mr Ian Tyson, Mr Malcolm Tonkin, Ms Jodie Mason and Mr Wayne Hammond for their services andvaluable contribution to AFS Ltd.
Mr Colin Fitzpatrick, Ms Erica Hansen and Mr David West were appointed as Directors representing the Forest and WoodProducts Sector Members and Ms Alison Carmichael was appointed as a Director representing the General Members.
National Secretary, Richard Stanton, presented a brief overview of a year of consolidation for AFS Ltd as summarised in the Annual Review of Activities for 2011-12.
The Annual General Meeting also agreed to amend the AFS Ltd Constitution to revise the current membership structure bycreating five membership categories:
- Forest Grower Members, persons substantively engaged in the primary production of forest products
- Primary Processors Members, persons substantively engaged in the primary processing of forest primary produce
- Supply Chain Members, persons substantively engaged in the secondary processing of forest primary produce or in anysubsequent part of the supply chain of wood and paper products
- Employee Representative Organisations Members, persons representing the interests of workers in the forestry and forestproducts industry; and
- Community, Social and Environment Members, being persons representing the interests of the community at large withrespect to forestry and the forest products industry.
Under transitional arrangements the current Board will continue until the AGM in 2013 when each membership category will nominate one Director for the Board, except for Forest Growers who will nominate two. There is also provision for the appointment of up to three independent directors. The new categories more appropriately represent the nature and interests of AFS Ltd members. Membership is open to any individual or organisation that supports the Objects of the Company.